Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Club

The DJC book club is meeting at my place tonight, which is giving me an opportunity to do a few things I love:

Read "The Cookbook Collector" by Allegra Goodman


Style the Dining Room



Oo, what an ugly picture

Hang a welcoming wreath - I hope I won't offend this fairly secular group too much with my Dollarama heart




Set the timer on the coffee maker





Make a seasonal craft to place in the powder room or with the tea things. I just stuck a pin in each rose to hold my flower together instead of using hot glue. I might want to unravel them and reuse the strips. Do you recognize the fabrics from my two latest quilts?





In a few hours my guests will arrive and I'll have a chance to schmooze with my friends old and new.

In the mean time the laundry will get finished, the dog will get walked, the children will come home from school to eat, practice and do homework before heading out to circus training, and I will run around like a mad woman trying to make myself look like a woman of leisure who does nothing all day but wait for her guests to arrive.

1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

Have a wonderful time! Your house looks so welcoming - and I love when creativity is shared- with online friends and in person!