Friday, November 2, 2012

Fanciful Faces



An Art Journal Page with torn paper, gesso, fabric scraps, negatives, a postcard, pencil drawings. I am slowly becoming more comfortable putting pencil or paper to pen and drawing either what I see in front of me or what I see in my imagination. This comes after a lifetime of telling myself "I can't draw. I'm not artistic."

I tell the children that our brain isn't smart enough to know if we're telling the truth or not. It'll believe whatever we tell it.

So I tell my brain "I am an Artist" and it is starting to believe me.












Linking to Creative Every Day, Art Journal Every Day and Paint Party Friday.

Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you'll leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.





13 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wonderful layering and rhythm!
Love the title of your blog, too, and am your newest blog follower!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Carolyn Dube said...

You are an artist! Your layer- the way you used the negatives- your faces! It is fabulous!

Netty said...

Loving your adventures into art, its fab. Happy PPF, Annette x

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderfully unique and creative work ~ love your style ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

The brain does need reminded that it is not in charge--the heart is. You have an artist's heart for sure. Beautiful work!

bellefrogworks said...

It's not just the brain - it's that negative left brain that says - if you are not perfect you are not good enough. Every creative person hears that voice. I love your faces. They are full of feeling

Tracey FK said...

I do like this page... the textures are interesting, and the line work is cool... looking forward to following you and seeing more of your work...xx

Denise Herman said...

What an interesting thought - that the brain will believe what we tell it! That sure gives us a lot of power we often aren't aware we have...but I think it's very true...I like your mixed media piece very much. The faces are compelling and the layers are really interesting.

Janet Joehlin said...

I love your little faces!

Ritu Dua said...

You are right...brain does believe what you tell it to...and you are also right when you are an artist ...for you truly are!

Caitlyn (ladyphlogiston) said...

I made my husband and sister-in-law join in at the painting party I had for my birthday - after a lifetime of being "not artistic" I think they were surprised at how well their paintings came out! Way to go! Happy belated PPF!

carlarey said...

This is a great journal page, I think your style of drawing pieces is so fun and spontaneous.

Lynn Cohen said...

We've taken very similar thought processes to becoming artists! Isn't it wonderful finally owning that we are?

Love that Star of David quilt too!

HPPF!