Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quilting and Listening to Music on a Saturday Morning

I'm so happy.



I've just finished turning a pile of scraps like this






into this beautiful quilt top:






The pink scraps came in a kit prepared by the charity quilting group of the York Heritage Quilters. I don't have backing or batting, and quilting is not my favorite part of the quilt making process. I'll hand the top and binding prepared from strips cut from the remaining scraps in to the guild and some generous quilter will finish it before it's donated to one of the charities the guild supports.

My husband is sitting comfortably surfing in the armchair in my studio.

Asher the Yorkie was running around playing with whatever tidbits he found on the floor and has now hopped up in my lap for a cuddle.



The Presentation of the Rose from Strauss's Der Rosenkavalier is playing on "This Is My Music", my favorite program on CBC radio.

The children are off enjoying a full day of circus practice. They'll come home for a quick violin lesson followed by dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory with their cousins.

Eyal and I are just about to head out for a walk and a wander on this gorgeously sunny and chilly day.

All's right with my world and I hope it's great in yours too.


Wishing you a wonderful weekend.


XOXO M

1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

How awesome! Quilting is such a fabulous art - I have only made small art quilts - I have deep respect for those who take on larger sizes than my 12x12 quilt size!