Thursday, March 12, 2009

When is tired not just tired?

I had a lovely visit to the ER this morning. Note to self "9 am on a Thursday morning is an excellent time to visit the ER". I was in and out (with no diagnosis) by 10am. What it is not: contagious, life threatening, an allergic reaction. What it is: rashes, itching, swollen hands and feet, sore muscles and joints, tiredness, headaches, puffy face. So they've referred me to "Medicine" - I always find it hilarious when they tell you at the hospital that you need to be seen by Medicine. Isn't that why one goes to the hospital in the first place? While I wait for my appointment I'm encouraged to pop Tylenol and Benadryl for the symptoms and spend my spare time ruminating about what variation of autoimmune disease they're likely to test for. Hashimoto? Graves? Lupus? How fun is that!!

No comments: