Sunday, December 21, 2008

Getting a Head Start on the Eight Days of Hannukah

The snow continues and so do pajama days. Yesterday we enjoyed a few runs on the toboggan hill and later today we'll go skiing at Uplands, the cute little hill where we all learnt to ski. It's a great place to start the season before we tackle the bigger hills of Collingwood.

Later this morning the boys will be headed to the basement to watch soccer on the big screen t.v.

And right now the kids are enjoying an early present. Yes, believe it or not, we gave in and gave Emily a Nano. She spends hours with Daddy choosing just the music and videos she wants to upload. I love it when she switches from headphones to earbuds so that Zachary can listen with her.

Speaking of music, I love listening to all the Christmas music on the radio. I sing along. Yesterday I asked the kids to challenge me by asking me to sing the third or fourth verse of any carol of their choosing. I spent years as a professional Victorian Caroler at parties and shopping malls and prided myself on never needing to look at my book. Zachary wants to know why there aren't as many Hannukah songs as there are Christmas songs. I tell him he'll have to be a composer when he grows up and write some songs. Come to think of it, there's no reason he shouldn't start writing songs now. In the meantime I'll leave you with this gem from Adam Sandler.

Happy Hannukah!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hee hee - I love Adam Sandler's songs. Sorry it took so long to get to your blog...I have had an interesting week of hospitals (nothing serious) and travelleing (nothing interesting). I thorougly enjoyed reading through the entries so far. Love all the good community work you are doing!

tincanlily said...

Your yard looks quite similar to mine! I love pajama days.
Have a wonderful holiday.
denise

Chaya Erez said...

Actually, in Hebrew there are more Chanuka songs than for any other Jewish holiday. North Americans just aren't familiar with them.