Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Ornaments


Growing up we celebrated all the Hallmark Holidays - Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Birthdays, New Years and, of course, Christmas. We vaguely knew we were Jewish from the occasional trips to our relatives in Hamilton for Passover or Shabbat. We even lit Hannukah candles at their home once or twice. Even though we owned a menorah it was never lit and I only vaguely knew what it was for.

All of that changed when as an adult I decided to convert to Judaism and left behind the Christmas and Easter celebrations of my youth. I still attend other people's Christmas parties and Easter egg hunts with pleasure. My roots show when it comes to seasonal decorations though. I put blue lights on my back porch (just because I don't have a plug out front) and decorate the mantel in silver and blue.

A trip to Inspiration Ali inspired me to make some Holiday Ornaments of my own. I started by following her suggestion to go to this site to print a house template. Along the way I found myself visiting another of her suggested blogs - Scrappy Jessi where I got the idea for these cookie cutters.
Thanks girls for the inspiration for a fun way to spend a morning!

No comments: