Thursday, December 4, 2008

Keep It Clean

I admit it, I'm addicted to ChickLit, preferably British. At the moment I'm enjoying Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella. In it our heroine suffers from amnesia after a series of accidents and has no recollection of the neat, organized, elegantly turned out woman that she has become in adulthood.

Somehow the description of her home and dressing room must have hit home. When I went to my basement studio this afternoon to get some work done on "Completely Dotty" I was overcome by the need to clean and organize my workspace. I spent at least half an hour scurrying about putting things away and throwing stuff out before allowing myself to give in and sit down at the sewing machine.

I've added a new goal to my list. And this one needs to be a permanent one (as I write this I just know I won't stick to it). Maybe I should say it's an early New Year's resolution. It is "Keep It Clean". I just know that if I stuck to the old chestnut "A place for everything and everything in its place" I'd be more productive. It's just that my constant fear is that "out of sight is out of mind". If I put projects away that I'm not working on maybe I won't be inspired to get them done. Hence the lengthy WIP/UFO list.

What to do?

No comments: